Certain elements are commonly used in media-related metadata definitions. This section defines these common elements in the form of the "md" namespace.
Full documentation is a combination of the written document and the XML Schema itself.
This version adds support for immersive video including VARM (Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality) and 360 Video; improves image and interactive Digital Asset data; and includes numerous changes to support supply chain use cases.
- Version 2.5 Specification
- Common Metadata, TR-META-CM, v2.5, December 16, 2016 (PDF)
- Version showing changes from v2.4 (PDF)
- Version 2.5 Schema (December 16, 2016)
PREVIOUS VERSION (still supported)
This release adds a variety of small features to support specific Cross-Platform Extras and Media Manifest Core use cases.
- Version 2.4 Specification
- Common Metadata, TR-META-CM, v2.4, October 13, 2015 (PDF)
- Version showing changes from v2.3c to 2.4 (PDF)
- Version 2.4 Schema (February 9, 2015)
A full release history including change lists and deprecated versions can be found here.
- Content Structure Guidelines, TR-META-CSG, v0.9, January 6, 2010 (PDF)
- Please submit questions and comments to
These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License