Los Angeles, December 10, 2019 — Motion Pictures Laboratories, Inc. (MovieLabs), together with member studios, has published a new white paper that lays out security principles for the future of production where all assets will be stored in the cloud and all processing of those assets will run in the cloud. The paper, titled “The Evolution of Production Security. Securing the 10-year Vision for the Evolution of Media Creation” is available today for free download from www.movielabs.com. or by completing the form below.
This new white paper is a companion to the MovieLabs paper published in August titled “Evolution of Media Creation” which laid out a bold vision for the state of filmmaking ten years in the future, with a call to action for the industry to collaborate on realizing the deep potential of cloud production. By quickly following with the new security white paper, MovieLabs continues to rapidly drive the studios vision towards a cloud enabled future with dynamic workflows defined by software.
This new white paper uses the cybersecurity industry’s dictum of ‘security by design’, and presents six primary security principles for cloud production:
- Security is intrinsic to every component of every workflow and does not inhibit the creative process.
- The security architecture addresses requirements specific to cloud-based workflows.
- Production workflows, processes and assets are kept secure even on untrusted infrastructure.
- Content owners control security and workflow integrity.
- Security can be scaled to appropriate levels and can integrate with existing security policy and management systems.
- The security architecture limits the spread of any breach and adapts to the evolving threat and response landscape.
Richard Berger, CEO MovieLabs, said: “When we published the ‘Evolution of Media Production’ paper in the summer, we wanted to catalyze an industry dialog and fuel innovation. The response has been amazing, and we are engaging with a large community of like-minded companies that support this vision. While our first white paper touched on security, we realized the need to release a companion white paper that “double-clicks“on it to further articulate the new approach required to secure cloud-native workflows. Our goal is to help guide the industry to a shared security architecture that provides the underlying protection for future media assets and the future workflows that produce them.”
DOWNLOAD THE EVOLUTION OF PRODUCTION SECURITY WHITE PAPER