Showcasing Industry Progress Towards the 2030 Vision
MovieLabs meets with organizations large and small that have aligned their strategy and products around the 2030 Vision and its 10 Principals for the future of media creation.
We created the 2030 Showcase Program so we can share the innovative work these industry leaders are doing with the rest of the M&E community. Now in its second year, the 2030 Showcase Program has created some great case studies that demonstrate how the Principles of the 2030 Vision have been leveraged in workflows from pre-production, through sound and visual effects pipelines, to broadcast and streaming distribution and into rapid access archives.
Organizations that participate in the 2030 Showcase Program will be recognized by MovieLabs in the following ways:
MovieLabs will publish a case study detailing how the product/service aligns with the 2030 Vision. A library of selected 2030 case studies are hosted online at Movielabs.com for all to see, each highlighting its achievements, the corresponding 2030 Principles that have been put into practice. MovieLabs promotes the Case Studies on it’s website and social channels.
As we continue to develop and publish further architectures and specifications for the 2030 Vision, MovieLabs may include Showcase partners in potential MovieLabs sandbox development projects, additional case studies or multi-party implementations.
MovieLabs reference participating Showcase companies in the industry outreach work we do to promote the 2030 Vision including in videos, keynotes, events and social media posts. MovieLabs has also promoted Showcase participants at major tradeshows including HPA Tech Retreat and IBC.
MovieLabs also makes available exclusive promotional assets to companies selected for the Showcase to enable organizations to promote their case studies and their alignment to the 2030 Vision.
Watch this video before you apply
Want to learn more about how we review & rate submissions?
Read this blog: Turning the Spotlight on the Showcase – MovieLabs
2030 Showcase Program Application Instructions
Submissions Are Closed for 2023
How to apply
- Read Some Important Notes below and watch the video (above) to understand what you need to submit.
- The Showcase Blog also contains really useful information about how we review submissions and what we’re looking for in alignment with the Principles.
- Create a short video (10-15 minutes) that introduces your organization, the case study you are presenting, the problem or innovation it showcases and technically how it works. Your video should make clear how your case study demonstrates the 2030 Vision and which Principles you believe it demonstrates. You can include a demonstration of the product or service and include which partners are also involved (if applicable).
- Don’t worry about the production quality of your video, it can be a desktop capture and webcam footage – we’re more interested in content than production value! Your submission videos will remain private and are not shared outside of MovieLabs.
- Make sure you have permission of any customers or partners that are mentioned in your video and that they are comfortable being part of the 2030 Showcase Program.
- Extra credit for using the MovieLabs Visual Language in your submission materials and product/service!
- You can also upload any documents or other supplementary material you think would be relevant to your submission.
Upload your Video
Upload your video and any other supporting documents at movielabs.wetransfer.com. Make sure you fill in a contact name and email address so we can reach you.
What Happens Next
- You will receive a confirmation that your submission was received.
- MovieLabs will evaluate all submissions as they’re received. We may ask you for more details to clarify your case study, or schedule a virtual meeting to discuss your submission.
- We will announce the 2023 Showcase participants at IBC 2023 in September.
- During the Fall of 2023 we’ll work with selected participating companies to develop their case studies, release and promote them.
- If you miss the Summer 2023 contribution deadline, don’t worry – we will open subsequent windows for submission in the future. Follow us on LinkedIn to stay in touch.
This year we want to continue highlighting the examples of alignment with the 2030 Vision and encourage all companies, large and small, to come forward and submit their application. We are really excited to see the submissions in 2023!
Some Important Notes
- MovieLabs does not endorse individual companies or products and the 2030 Showcase should not be seen as any implicit or implied endorsement by MovieLabs or any of its member studios.
- The 2030 Showcase program is not a certification or compliance program for the 2030 Vision or the Principles within it.
- Movielabs will decide at its sole discretion which organizations products and services should be included in the 2030 Showcase program. Decision criteria includes alignment to the 2030 Vision Principles and industry impact. If a showcase application is not selected for the program, organizations may resubmit for future consideration when new submission windows open up.
- MovieLabs will not sign NDAs in conjunction with the 2030 Showcase program so please only send us details of launched products/services/solutions and customer references that are public or you are willing to make public through this program. Before submission you should ensure you have approvals of all case study participants and any 3rd party partners.
- Submissions should be for publicly available products/services and not for future products, designs, or Proof of Concept implementations. Beta products or features are acceptable as long as they are commercially and broadly available. All submissions should include a reference customer or media workflow where the product or service was demonstrated.