This site contains the defintion of Media Entertainment Core (MEC) Metadata
The Entertainment Merchant’s Association (EMA) and the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG), in conjuncation with MovieLabs, have defined this format for transferring metadata from Publishers to Retailers.
Full documentation is a combination of the written document and the XML Schema itself.
Updates MEC to use Common Metadata v2.5.
- Version 2.5 Specification
- Media Entertainment CoreMetadata,TR-META-MEC, v2.5, December 16, 2016 (PDF)
- Only substantive change is reference to Common Metadata v2.5.
- Version 2.5 Schema
PREVIOUS VERSION (still supported)
Updates MEC to use Common Metadata v2.4.
- Version 2.4 Specification
- Media Entertainment CoreMetadata,TR-META-MEC, v2.4, October 13, 2015 (PDF)
- Only change is reference to Common Metadata v2.4.
- Version 2.4 Schema
A full release history including change lists and deprecated versions can be found here.
- Please submit questions and comments to