At an event in Los Angeles on October 30, 2018, MovieLabs and Intel partnered to bring together six emerging companies to speak with studio technologists about Hollywood applications for machine learning and AI technologies. The companies included:
- Conversational computing specialists Avaamo
- AI/ML cloud platform Paperspace
- Computer vision model training data provider Mighty Ai
- Creator of artificial intelligence technology for natural language analytics Gamalon
- Computer vision and automated video stream monitoring provider Matroid
- Computer generated character developers Ziva Dynamics
Machine learning and AI will bring potentially dramatic changes to film production, data analytics, consumer engagement and other workflows in the film industry, and this event provided an opportunity for close dialogue between Hollywood and companies helping to drive these changes. Much thanks to Intel Capital, the Intel AI Group and each of the presenting companies for making the event possible.
MovieLabs looks forward to continued dialogue with new start-ups, established technology companies like Intel and the Hollywood community as the industry moves toward further integration of machine learning and AI technologies into film and studio workflows.